Category Archives: NEWS
Gunmen have continued their deadly attacks in the Bokos Local Government Area of Plateau, killing a man and setting many buildings ablaze.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the gunmen had descended on Ruboi and Marish communities in Bokos Local Government, killing at least 16 people late on Sunday.No comments
Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Collins Chiji, has defected to the All Progressives Congress from the Peoples Democratic Party.
Seven other lawmakers equally joined the ruling APC from the PDP.
The speaker announced his defection and that of his colleagues during a plenary on
The Federal Government has said it would demolish more structures to pave way for the ongoing reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The Director of Highways, South West, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Funsho Adebiyi, made this known on Tuesday during a tour of roads
Inter Milan announced the signing of Danish international midfielder Christian Eriksen from Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday.
The Serie A club has signed the Danish International on a contract till 2024 on fee believed to be around £17m
The 27-year-old joined Tottenham from Ajax in 2013 and played
- The defunct Biafra nation was known for its technological prowess during the Nigerian civil war
- Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo said Nigeria should have harnessed the engineering and technological ingenuity that emanated from Biafra
- The vice president, however, harped on the
- David Onuoha Bourdex, a chieftain of APGA faults politicians calling for the National Assembly to declare Abia north senatorial seat occupied by Senator Orji Uzor Kalu vacant
- Bourdex says declaring Kalu’s seat vacant would amount to undermining the electoral preferences of the peopleNo comments
South-West governors and the apex Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, on Wednesday differed on the All Progressives Congress leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s position on the Western Nigerian Security Network, Operation Amotekun.
The governors commended the former Lagos State governor and promised to look into the issues he raised, but Afenifere hit Tinubu hard, saying his statement
Amnesty International has declared #RevolutionNow protest convener, Omoyele Sowore, his compatriot, Olawale Bakare and a journalist, Agba Jalingo prisoners of conscience.
It said the men have faced ongoing arbitrary detention and unfair trials solely for exercising their right to freedom of expression.
The Media Manager of